it is rumored that soundcloud may be shuttering soon. it is a useful opertunity to tell people about why data ownership is important, and provide a tool for backing up and sharing their tracks.
this is a super sloppy build b/c it was done in around 10 hours.
- [ ] validate the url is a souncloud url on submit
- [x] add messaging to interface
- [x] keep db of added dats with timestamps
- [ ] setup a cron job to delete them after 15 minutes reading from db
- [ ] notify completion of the archive
make sure you have youtube-dl installed!
npm run devto spin up a local sever and watch for changes
npm run buildto bundle the js and generate an index file
- start: for production after having built
- a paragraph about what is happening, and why
- enter a soundcloud url
- download the tracks and metadata into a dat:// archive
- write meta-data json to the archive
- use choo to generate an index.html page with audio plays for the tracks
- show a link to dat project, downloading beaker, how to rehost on hashbase, and a link to the motherboard